Monday, June 9, 2008

Facing Fear

I am not a fan of ice skating. I have never really enjoyed regular skating and I am just not good at it. Some people, like myself who can barely walk a straight line, should not do things that require ability, agility, balance. etc. Not only do I dislike skating, but I am fearful of it. I am always afraid of falling.

My colleagues and students are fans. They have encouraged me to join them each time they have gone ice skating. Each time, I could easily come up with an excuse.
For my birthday, I invited several of my colleagues,friends, and my students to witness me facing one of my fears: ice skating. I still dislike it, but I can say that I tried it one more time.

Here are some of the pictures from the day.



A Little Help
The knee pads are just for fun..and "just in case"

moral support


holding on....and still holding on

No comments: