Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shoe Shopping

Today I went shoe shopping. It was a little hard...Ok, a lot hard! What am I saying? I have a hard time shopping for shoes in America. There are just so many shoes to choose from. Well, there are many shoes here, too. They are just DiFfErEnt!


My friend's shoes

more shoes...

I really wish that I had pictures of random shoes that I see around the city when I am out and about. There are all kinds of sylin' shoes. Most of them I would never wear. There are shoes of all colors, designs, patterns etc.

I don't think that shoes are worn for comfort here, but rather for fashion. There are lots of fancy shoes here. I am in the process of trying to find comfortable, inexpensive sandals of some sort. (I brought American flip-flops and other shoes that don't stay on my feet well from America. I had not anticipated the amount of walking I would do here. I also did not give any thought to the fact that because I drive or ride to most places in America, that I don't pay attention to how well my shoes stay on my feet.) So, needless to say, my American summer sandals/shoes will most likely not work here. These new shoes that I am searching for should be made for a lot of walking. I know that I will be home soon, but I want to wear them when I go to the retreat in Turkey next month. Today I found some for a good price, but I couldn't find the right size. It was fun looking though. So, just be warned that I may come home with some shoes that you have never seen before! Wish me better luck next time I go shoe shopping.

No comments: