Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Full Heart



(I don't know why these pictures are showing up so poorly.) Here are the names of my friends. L to R: Irina, Julia, Olga, Nina, Me, Rodyca, Nelly, Nadia, Heather, Mariana, Ina, and Vica. Not pictured, but also at the party: Alida, Aliona, Ana, and Sara ...and Jessie is the bottom one, but not the top one.


I am writing this blog with a heart full of JOY.

A heart full of THANKFULNESS.

A blessed heart.

Ziua mea de nastere este pe 16 mai. (My birthday is the 16th of May in Romanian).It was so special to celebrate MY DAY in Moldova. I had a wonderful time celebrating with both Moldovan and American friends. This is the run-down of my day:
Friday morning Nancy backed chocolate muffins. Yummy. I had a short day of school with the girls. Friday afternoon I ate chili with my roommates. My roommates and I cleaned the apartment and prepared for the party.
Friday evening I had 16 girlfriends come over for pizza, snacks, cake, and ice cream. When it was time for cake they sang happy birthday to me. It was so fun because it was sung in 5 different languages: English, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, and German. Have you ever heard of such a thing? It was really fun. We had such a nice time of fellowship. I really wanted to share cake and ice cream with all the friends I have made over the last year. I have been so blessed to be a part of the lives of these special girls and young woman. They have poured so much into my life, helped me in very practical ways, encouraged me, and they have spoken wisdom into my life. I am blessed to call each of them friend.

I was blown away by their thoughtfulness on my birthday. They presented me with gifts, prayed over me, encouraged me with lots of beautiful words, and there were lots of hugs and kisses. Thank you, Lord for the blessing that each one of these women are in my life. My life is richer for having these women in it.

I am blessed.

I am thankful.

My heart is full of joy.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Shauna- It sounds like you had a great birthday! I would have enjoyed hearing Happy Birthday sang in all those languages. It sounds like God has blessed you with wonderful friends!

Casey Dawn said...

Shauna, You are so beautiful! I love reading your blog because it is such a testimony of God's faithfulness. I think of where you were when you left Branson and how much you have grown since you've been in Moldova. Thank you so much for sharing your joy with the people around you and through technology! I love you lots and hope you had an amazing birthday!!

Shauna C said...

Patty-
It was a wonderful birthday. God really has blessed me with friends here(and friends back home). Love you, friend!

Casey-
Thanks Casey for the sweet and meaningful comment. You are right- It is a testimony of God's faithfulness to me. You are welcome. I am glad that you enjoying reading the blog and that I can share my joy with you (it's exciting as sharing a fudge round with someone).There are many more things that I wished I had blogged about at some point, but I don't always have the will to write! My birthday was incredible! Love you, too.

Shauna