Monday, January 7, 2008

Winter in Moldova


Today I woke up to LOTS of snow outside. This is the most snow that I've ever seen! I've definitely never had to walk through this much snow in my life. I am trying not to complain. I am trying to convey the significance of this new experience for me. I decided today after falling 3 times that I hate walking through snow. Hate it. I took a picture for my friend Liz and I thought I would share it with everyone. I'm in my nice, warm coat with a sign for Liz that reads: Hi Liz! I'm in Moldova and it's Snowing!!! My student Lauren and her friend made it. This picture was taken moments before I slipped and fell on the ice that is buried beneath the mounds of snow. I also thought I it would be fun to keep you updated on how many times I fall on the ice here. Total times I fell today: 3. Total times I've fallen so far this winter: 5. Yay for Winter in Moldova.

4 comments:

kedarabaris said...

Hey girl! I am up to date all of that's been going on with you since Thanksgiving now! I love all the pics. and fun stories. It was good chatting with you today. Blessings!

Casey Dawn said...

Even though you have fallen numerous times...just think...you look like a trendy Moldovian (?)while you're doing it! At least maybe the true natives will be confused and not think to say..."Stupid American!" Love you friend and LOVE reading your blog!!

Rnet said...

Hey Shauna girl, Renette here, miss you. So happy to see you've not lost your sense of humor. Hope this finds you well. How's things in the Mission Field? Paul Gallina came by the other night and brough pictures from his last Romania trip, he's so excited about going back. Looks like maybe in June with a number of people. Take Care, Love Ya...

lbaker74 said...

I am glad things are going good for you! I enjoy reading your blog.