Saturday, January 5, 2008

Freezing in Moldova!!


The temperatures have been dropping like crazy lately. As I stood waiting for my bus for 15 minutes the other day, I decided it was finally time to purchase the Moldovan winter coat(the one I have just isn't cutting it). This was quite the purchase for me. I have been searching for a coat for about 3 months. I haven't been able to find exactly what I wanted. I was also trying to find the right deal and get a good coat for my money's worth. So, I found this coat on Friday! I am so excited. It is longer (which is what I wanted). It is brown so it matches my boots. AND it has fur(which will help protect my head against the harsh wind)!! The nice gloves are a Christmas present from my roommate and the hat is one that my roommate knitted for me! I love it. I am sporting the new purse I bought, too. I needed a purse as well. The little blue-jean purse I was tagging along doesn't have a zipper,so this will be much better. This purse is much bigger than what I prefer, but this is about all you can find here. They like big purses. I was joking with my roommate that I left the apartment looking very American and I came back looking pretty Moldovan. I think I blend in a little better now. The temperature outside right now is about 5 degrees. This is definitely the coldest place I've ever lived. I'll be well prepared for the winter weather now!!

2 comments:

LizardTales said...

i LOVE YOUR COAT... i like cold weather.. have you gone out and played in the snow??
please do!! make a sign and say HI LIZ!! i envy you...

have you seen this blog... it has a moldovanian time ticker on it..cool..http://www.tappstomoldova.blogspot.com/

Liz

JTapp said...

Wow, congrats on looking more Moldovan! It almost got up to 70 in west Kentucky yesterday. It just doesn't feel right, I miss the snow!