Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goals-2008


(Happy New Year in Romanian)
It's 2008! Wow...how time flies. I had a wonderful year in 2007. The highlights: Nannying for a family in Branson from Jan-May, Graduation Ceremony in May, Becoming an aunt in July, Coming to Moldova in July-present to teach and work for the Raatz family. God has been so faithful!! I look forward to His faithfulness in 2008.

I always make New Year’s resolutions. This year is no different. Before writing my own, I wanted to take a look at the most common resolutions Americans make.

Popular New Year's Resolutions (according to usa.gov):
Lose Weight, Pay Off Debt, Save Money, Get a Better Job, Get Fit, Eat Right, Get a Better Education, Drink Less Alcohol, Quit Smoking, Reduce Stress Overall, Reduce Stress at Work,
Take a Trip, and Volunteer to Help Others.


Wikipedia’s definition: A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until the set goal has been achieved.

MyGoals.com has some great tips about achieving goals/New Year’s Resolutions.

The challenge is actually following through with the goals we set for ourselves. The key is having a plan. I plan on putting my plans together later on today, but for now here are some of my goals for this year:

1)Exercise. (this a must every year) Let's see if I can actually make it happen this year! :) Exercising 2 or 3 times a week-every week.
2)To love others selflessly. To set aside any motives and just love people!
3)Instead of judging others, gently encourage and inspire others.
4) Trust GOD in all things instead of being so quick to worry.
5)Say no to distractions in order to use my time wisely. This will require much discipline.

Here's a verse I want to cling to this year:
The Lord says, "My thoughts are not like your thoughts. Your ways are not like my ways. Just as the heavens are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. "Isaiah 55: 8-9

I have no idea what all the Lord has planned for my life in 2008, but I choose to trust Him and to be still and know that He is God. His ways are higher than mine. He is in control. I'm so looking forward to what He has in store.

No comments: