Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tator Tot Casserole




I did my mother proud(I made my mother proud!)!! I attempted to make her version of tator tot casserole last week. I had to tweak the recipe a little as it is hard to find some items here. I actually made homemade cream of mushroom soup since we don't have the canned soups here. I was so excited that I figured out how to make homemade soup! I cut up the mushrooms and everything. I was so excited to find something very similar to tator tots here! Up until recently I hadn't seen any tator tots here, but the week before last I saw them here. They're actually called Croquettes and they tasted more like mashed potatoes than tator tots, but they give the same look. I took it as I sign that I was suppose to make tator tot casserole. Anyway, it turned out great. My roommate and I were pretty excited about it. Here's a couple of yummy pictures. This experience moved my confidence level with my cooking skills up to an eight out of ten. Yay for cooking.

No comments: