Saturday, December 22, 2007

Dentist Visit #2


So, I went for another dentist visit on Friday. I had another wisdom tooth pulled. Two in one week. How fun. Once again, it was a quick procedure with no pain. Even now, thirty something hours after...I am pain free! Only a little soreness.

I was more ready for the initial shot( to numb the gum) this time. I still cringed and had a death grip on the chair, but I was a BIG GIRL. The dentist and assistant are very efficient and got right to business. As soon as I sat in the chair they were ready with the shot. They were speaking to one another in Romanian and I was preparing myself for the shot. They started laughing. I was thinking to myself, "You (the dentist) have a needle in your hand getting ready to stick it in my gum. I think this should be a really serious moment. Could we stop the laughing please?!?" Then, the dentist says, "nu opriČ›(no stop), OPEN." He was laughing because he had tried to say,"OPEN" in English, but instead said something completely different in Romanian. Once my gum was numb, it took less than a minute to get the tooth out. The dentist is a very kind man and he says to me when he sees me, "Relax, don't be afraid." Now, I have reason to believe him. He has gained my trust. Both of these wisdom tooth extractions have gone smoothly and I have suffered no pain. I am thankful that I was able to have these minor issues taken care of. I originally went to see the dentist because my teeth/head have been hurting for awhile. I thought I had a couple of cavities. Little did I know.....Anyways, I hope that these recent procedures have alleviated the cause of the pain in my ear/head. Please pray that once the soreness goes away, I will have no other headaches etc. Enjoy the pics.

No comments: