Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dentist Visit


On Friday, I went to the dentist to have one of my wisdom teeth extracted. I went for the initial consultation on Wednesday. I thought I had a couple of cavities that were the reasons for the tooth pain I've had lately. One of the dental assistants spoke English, but I had a translator along as well. Apparently my wisdom tooth was growing in wrong, needed to come out, and was causing pain in the neighboring teeth. So, at the visit on Wednesday the dentist wanted to pull my tooth out. You can imagine that I was a little reluctant. I needed some time to process this. So, I scheduled the appointment for Friday. Nancy went with me on Friday to help with translating, but the dentist also knew some English. The worst/best part of it was the shot they give to numb the gum. Just a quick ouch and that's all. I am thankful for the shot because I didn't feel anything, but pressure of course! It was a real quick procedure. The dentist and assistants were very professional and the facilities and equipment were very similar to what I'm used to in America. Just in case you were wondering, it cost about 35 dollars. I am happy to report that I've experienced no pain, just some soreness. I am resting and eating lots of soup. Guess what? The dentist wants me to come back and have another wisdom tooth pulled next week. I have another wisdom tooth that needs to come out. Hopefully, I can get a picture up here if me in the chair at the dentist office.That would be fun.

No comments: