Tuesday, May 1, 2007

New Experiences: Roller Coasters and Fun?

I had the opportunity to go to Celebration City and Silver Dollar City last week. I rode roller coasters at both theme parks. What a thrill! Some of you may be in shock. I have never been a fan of roller coasters. They usually just SCARE me.
While at college, I also had the opportunity to go to Six Flags and Worlds of Fun. I usually just rode the roller coasters because someone else paid for me and all my friends were riding, NOT for my enjoyment. After getting on the rides, I did indeed SCREAM, but I usually laughed my head off as well. I also prayed a lot. I always made deals with God....Lord, if you just get me off this ride, alive I will go whenever and do whatever....! :)
This past week, I really did enjoy the roller coasters. I realized 2 things from these new experiences:
1)I have grown out of some of my fears. This is good news. In life, it is so easy to fear things, or at least it is really easy for me to fear things. I must channel my worry and fear into trust and faith in the Lord and His care.
2) Life is full of new experiences!! I am getting ready to leave for Moldova(in August) and while there I will have many new experiences. Some of these new experiences could cause fear to arise in my life, but I choose to trust the Lord and his faithfulness. I also choose to look forward to all of the new experiences I will have overseas!

2 comments:

kedarabaris said...

Hey girl!

J and I were behind a Little Debbie truck on our way to bible study last night and we thought of you. Go Fudge Rounds! -Kelly

Casey Dawn said...

Did you ride the ferris wheel too??