Friday, May 18, 2007

A Blessed Graduation Weekend

Well, I graduated! It was a great weekend!! I was able to see and spend time with wonderful friends and family. It was a very tiring, busy, and overwhelming time. The weekend was very full, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I have been extremely blessed to have wonderful mentors and friends help, love, and support me through life. It was a blessing to see all my friends this weekend. C of O has been such a huge blessing in my life. I am so thankful for God ordering my steps to C of O. Just for the record I used the words blessed/blessing/ wonderful 6 times in 8 sentences. It is so true though!
Thanks to all of you who traveled from Memphis to be here for such a special occasion. I would like to share a special story about this weekend. I had a huge surprise on Sun. morning(the day of graduation). Some friends of ours, the Vaughns traveled up 6 hours Sunday morning to see the graduation(and me :)) only to turn around and go straight back home following the ceremony. The surprise was that I didn't know they would be coming!! I was standing in line with my fellow graduates waiting for the ceremony to start, when I saw a familiar face. My first response was "What are you doing here?"(I was surprised) Anyway, it was a blessing for them to be at the graduation. It meant a lot to me that they made the effort to be there. The real story begins after they left the graduation though!
They were driving home and ran into some car trouble. Someone stopped and drove them into the next town to a police station. The police officer called a towing company. It was Sunday and Mother's Day, but someone was working!!(God's doing) The man said that he usually didn't work, but he was catching up on some paperwork. So, get this: the man asked where they were headed and they said, Memphis. The man said he would be driving to Memphis the next day! So, he gave them a rental car for FREE! And...He towed the car for FREE!! Praise the Lord. I love it when God chooses to increase our faith in such circumstances as the example in this story.

No comments: