Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Decision

I don't think I have updated everyone on my decision regarding whether or not to stay in Moldova for another year or return to America.

So, I will take the opportunity now to share.

After a lot of praying, talking, thinking, weighing all the factors involved(and there were a lot), and wise counsel, I decided not to return to Moldova in the fall. (There are too many details regarding how I made my decision to go into detail here. Just know that my experiences in Moldova have been wonderful and life-changing. I had to make a decision though and this is the one I came to.) I will be staying in America for the time being. Who knows what God has in store? Only God right now. I am still seeking and praying about any further plans.

I will most likely return to Memphis sometime in early July. I will most likely be staying there for at least a couple of months. I have some ideas in mind, but that is all they are-just ideas.

I look forward to seeing family and friends, sharing about my time here in Moldova, and transitioning back into American life(although I think it might be difficult now that I have life experiences outside of America).

It is strange to think about coming home and not really having any plans. I have had a plan or known the next step since I was in high school (2002). I knew I was going to college. I knew which college. I had my degree to work towards. Since 2006, I had Moldova to plan and look forward to. Now, I have no for sure plans, but to go home. So, this is both exciting and scary at the same time. I look forward to what the Lord has in store.

Thank you for your support, encouragement, and prayers.

I still have 3 months of this exciting journey. The journey is far from over!!

God bless,
Shauna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shauna
My name is Luis and I received an intersting proposition to be a volunteer in Moldova. I visited the country last year, I liked and I found a institution that receives volunteers without those huge fees. But I need your help. When I send the email with the application, the answer came within minutes. I had exchanged a few emails with the guy and seams ok but not too shure (whe always want talk about accommodation!). My question and help is: do you know or know someone that can provide references about www.irffmd.net ? I apreciate all your help. my email is luispresa@gmail.com
Thank you for all your help
Luis Presa

Shauna C said...

Luis,
There are many opportunities available for volunteering in Moldova. However, I don't know anything about the institution or website that you provided in your comment. I am sorry, but I have no helpful information for you.

Shauna