Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sweet Hugs and Emotions

Last night Nancy and the girls arrived home to Moldova. I mentioned in a previous post to pray for Nancy after she received news that her mother had gone to be with Jesus. Well, Nancy returned to the states and Andy and the girls joined her in the states a few days later. Andy returned to Moldova a week and a half ago. Last night the girls returned! It was so good to see Nancy and the girls. The girls are so full of life and energy and we exchanged some very sweet hugs. Today after our first day back to the books(since Feb. 19), I even received more hugs! Very sweet. I'm glad that everyone is back in the country and we can continue on with our normal schedule. I think the girls are very much ready to be back in the swing of things as well. Everyone is tired from the emotions over the last three weeks, but glad to be home. Thanks for praying for the Raatz family.

The airport is a very emotional place for me. For one thing I am always so nervous in airports and definately not relaxed. On the other hand, I am so touched by watching all the families reunite after someone has been out of the country for a long time. It never fails. Each time I have been to the airport to pick someone up or drop someone off, I am moved to tears. It's those bitter-sweet kind of tears.

No comments: