Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Life Right Now

It is hard to believe that I have already been in Missouri three and half weeks. Today I am moving into my new place! I will be renting space in a basement. It is a nice place where I will have my own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living area. I am excited about the place.

Teaching is going well. I've completed my first full 3 weeks of work. I am working hard each day to get the room more ready. I am compiling test scores and data. I am staying busy and learning new things each day. I think it will be hard, but very rewarding to help kids who struggle with reading and math.

I am definitely in a time of transition. It is a busy time. I feel very unsettled both personally and professionally. Like my last post mentioned, it does feel like chaos at times. There is a pretty incredible sense of peace at the same time. I do really believe that God has me here, in His timing and for His purposes. I am choosing to trust Him each day.

To be honest, some days I would rather be at home reading, watching tv,or sleeping. Wouldn't we all? I know that God has a divine purpose for my life each day. So, instead of staying in bed, I am choosing to face each day's responsibilities one day at a time. I am in a GROWING up season. I think I finally feel like an adult. I am realizing more and more each day(even more that I did when I was in Moldova) that I am solely responsible for every area of my life. I realize this isn't some hard concept. I just feel the weight of it on my shoulders all of the sudden. I know that God is really the one(not me) in control. I know that He will provide and take care of all my needs and finances. So, I choose to not worry(I mean I will be responsible, but not excessively worry.) about my rent, the food I will eat, my car, my clothes, my job, my bills etc. I know that God will be with be and grant me the wisdom to make good choices and live a life glorifying to Him.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hi Shauna! I think that oh my goodness feeling of being a grown up comes and goes. Some days are much better than others. Thankfully, we do have a God who loves us so much and who is in control. :)