Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to the Blog, Back to Missouri

Well, I have now been home for two months. WoW....how time has flown!
It is amazing to me how smooth my re-entry process has been. I haven't really struggled with being here instead of Moldova. The transition into life in the states has been smooth and God has ordained all my plans each day. I feel at peace that the decision to come home was directed by God and that His plan is for me to be stateside at this time. That being said, I did pray about whether the Lord would have me extend my assignment to another term in Moldova or elsewhere. I began praying about the next step during my time in Moldova and then continued praying once I returned to Memphis. There were many days where I was clueless as to what God was doing and where He was leading. People kept asking me, " What are your plans?" "What are you going to do now?" Until last Friday, I didn't have an answer.
Here's the most recent update on my life:
Last week, I received a call about a teaching job in MO. I received another call from the principal asking me for an interview. I travelled to MO for the interview. I was offered the job and I took the job. This is certainly the short version. I feel very much at peace about how God orchestrated the interview and everything that led up to me taking the job. I am so thankful for the prayers and advice from many friends. God is so faithful. SO, I am preparing to drive to Missouri TOMORROW. I will unpack and begin my teaching job this week! I will be teaching 5th and 6th graders. I know that there will be many challenges ahead, but I look forward to all the wonderful ways God will use things in my life to teach me more about Himself. I pray that God will be glorified in it all!

*I intend to continue to post updates and happenings in my life whether I'm in Memphis or Missouri! So, keep checking back for updates and maybe even pictures.
Thanks and God bless.

2 comments:

JTapp said...

LOL, here's to teaching jobs in Missouri!

Libby said...

Patty told me about this! I am so excited for you! Keep us updated on how it is going!