Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Things We Take for Granted

Last Sunday at church there was a lady who stood to testify. She was crying and holding up her Bible. It was translated to me that she was praising the Lord for the Bible which she was finally able to get. She had wanted one for a long time. It was a very humbling moment for me as I realized how precious the Word was to her. I thought to myself, "Am I that thankful for the Bible I have? Do I simple take it for granted that I have always had immediate access to my Bible?" It was a convicting thought. One that I took to the Lord for sure. It really made me think about how blessed I am. I should treasure the Word more than I do. So, the next time you read the Word, which will hopefully be everyday, think about the precious words you have daily access to through His Word. Hopefully, your heart will be filled with gratefulness and thankfulness like mine has this week as I pondered this young woman's testimony.

------------------------------
A side note: At the service I was delighted when the song "Days of Elijah" began to play. I love this song. Too bad I can't remember the words in English. It's really hard to recall the words you know when you hear them in another language at the same time. It was a wonderful and exciting moment. That's for sure!

God Bless.

1 comment:

Ignite Young Adults said...

Hi Shauna,

It's Lori from Lighthouse. I was so glad to see another update from you! Wow, the things we take for granted. It's kind of amazing, isn't it? All my life, I've had the Word of God available to me, right at my fingertips, sometimes in more than one language and often in three or four translations. This woman was glad just to get one copy. I'm so humbled by that. I feel like such a total spoiled brat.

It sounds like you are doing very well over there, and I'm glad I'm able to get a little peek into how you're doing by checking your blog. God is blessing people through you, Shauna! That must be a wonderful feeling.

We're praying for you!

Love in Christ,

Lori Holyfield

P.S. Farris and I are doing three-times-weekly devotionals over at the Ignite Young Adults blog. You should check them out if you get a chance. If it's more convenient, they're also at the Ignite MySpace. God bless you, sister!