Wednesday, August 15, 2007

2 weeks in Moldova: Adjusting to Life in Moldova

Hello friends and family. Well, I've survived(and enjoyed!) my first two weeks here. Last Wednesday, to mark my first week here(the excuse we used instead of saying "to get out of the kitchen!")we did what any hungry Americans would do when in search of good, American food, we went to McDonalds! I don't usually eat at McDonald's(in America) but once in awhile, but boy was it some tasty,comfort food!

I'm not really doing anything special to mark my second week here. Just checking my emails and preparing for school on Monday. I will start homeschool with the Raatz girls on Monday. Please pray that I would have peace and calm as I prepare for this school year. This is a new thing for me. I've never homeschooled children before. Don't get me wrong, I am way excited about all the learning we will do together. I'm just a bit nervous.

John Bueno, Assemblies of God World Missions Director and Omar Beiler, AG Area Director are in Moldova for a conference this week. I'll go to dinner with them and the Raatz on Friday night.
I am excited to meet them both and fellowship with them over some great food. :)

Tonight, I met an American woman a couple years older named Tanya who works here with another Christian missions organization. It was great to meet another girl my age. I think we will actually get to hang out and become friends. Yay.

One quick story:
So, today it rained pretty hard. When it rains really hard here some of the roads are completely filled with standing water that has no way to drain/run-off(The drainage system must not work properly). The roads here are really rough, with potholes and bumps etc. So, Nancy is driving along and I'm riding along and I realize that it feels like I'm on a water ride at Silver Dollar City. Really....if the car didn't have a roof shielding us from the pouring rain it would have been like a real ride! Just thought you might enjoy a story about the joys of living in Moldova. :)

Life is really good here. I believe I am adjusting well. Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support. God bless each one of you.

I still don't have immediate access/availabililty to the internet, so please me patient with me as I try to keep up with correspondence.

Enjoying life in Moldova,
Shauna :)

No comments: